Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research ~ November 27, 2020 ~ Pages 150-164
List of Abstracts
- Immunity & Coherence and their Relationship to a Salutogenic Framework of Chiropractic Care
- A Role for Chiropractic in Immunity. More Than a Gut Feeling
- The Vagus Nerve, HRV & Immunity
- The Role of Adaptability and Expression in Chiropractic and Immunity
- Neuroendocrine Immunology and Chiropractic: It’s All Connected
- Research, Legal & Policy Issues Related to Chiropractic and Immunity
- The Epidemiology of Vertebral Subluxation & its Role in Immunity and Health Policy
- The Physiology of the Immune System Applied to Chiropractic & Vertebral Subluxation
- They Don’t Call it “Natural” Immunity for Nothing
- Autonomy, Consent & Medical Paternalism
- The Anatomy of the Immune System Applied to Chiropractic & Vertebral Subluxation
- Identity, Discourse, and the COVID Crisis: Lies, Damn Lies & Deniers
- Chiropractic Care and Immunity During Pregnancy, Infancy, and Early Development
- Current and Future Plans for Exploring the Role of Chiropractic on Individual & Community Health
The Effects of the Chiropractic Adjustment on the Nervous System, Integrated Systems Immunology and Endocrine Function
The immune system has been well-characterized with reductionist research approaches since the end of the nineteenth century. Only in recent years has a systems biology approach been employed towards an understanding of the coordinated and integrated function of the immune system in the human body as a whole.
An important influence on systems immunology is the neuroendocrine immune axis. This axis features reciprocal regulation between the nervous system, the immune system, and the endocrine system via multiple common small molecule cytokine and chemokine modulators.
Exploration of the putative effects of vertebral subluxation and the biological effects of the chiropractic adjustment on modulators common to the neuroendocrine immune axis provides a candidate framework for exploring the potentially extended effects of the chiropractic adjustment on the nervous system, integrated systems immunology and endocrine function.